The book answers a recurring question in the business today:
What is the best supply chain strategy for my business?
Answering this question is difficult, because it is not easy to understand the multiples relationships among the supply chain and the business strategy,
In order to address this shortcoming, the author conducted an analysis of the most widely recognized theories, best practices and case studies about supply chain strategy.
His analysis identified a set of common configurations that reveal key drivers of supply chain strategy and explains how these can be aligned in a coherent strategy. These findings are summarized in a strategy formulation method called the Supply Chain Roadmap ®, which provides:
· Understandings of the interrelation among industry’s competitive framework, competitive positioning of the business, and, supply chain processes.
· A compilation of 42 key factors of a supply chain strategy, which are represented on a graphical diagram on a single page, called “The Map”.
· The characterization of the supply chain strategies most widely used in the industry, “The 6 Supply Chain Archetypes”: Efficient, Fast, Continuous-Flow, Agile, Custom-Configured, and Flexible.
A book for all those interested in improving the competitiviness of organizations
This book enables understanding of the supply chain management from the perspective of the business strategy, is useful for business leaders, managers, consultants, students (undergraduate or graduate of Industrial Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, and similar), and all those interested in improving the competitiveness of organizations.
The book provides everything the reader need to know about supply chain strategy and how to ensure the alignment of the supply chain with business strategy. This is not a conventional supply chain’s book, this is a practical handbook that guides you step by step in the analysis and formulation of supply chain strategy.
Book is very easy to read and graphically superior to most business books -book is a full color and includes more than 75 figures-.
The book is organized in three sections:
* Section 1: Introduction, in which concepts about strategy and supply chain and the three perspectives of the supply chain strategy (Business Framework, Unique Value Proposal, and Supply Chain Processes) are explained.
* Section 2: Supply Chain Roadmap Tools, in which the four tools used for applying the method are explained: The Map, 10-Common-Patterns, 6 Supply Chain Archetypes, and the Feasibility Matrix.
* Section 3: Applying the method, in which is explained the “how to” of the method.